Carrot Milk (Carrot Juice)




This is my favourite carrot juice recipe learnt from my Mom, takes about 30min.s of my time every week. It's a must have item in my fridge. Cooked carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, a good source of potassium, and contain vitamin B6, copper, folic acid, and magnesium. Cashew nuts are significant sources of iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium. Cashew nuts also contain significant amounts of phytochemicals with antioxidant properties that protects the body from cancer and heart disease. Almonds are rich in vitamin E and are a useful source of calcium.
I was always afraid of using nuts as I heard from someone that they increase body fat but eating limited amounts of nuts will do good rather bad, learnt it from my favourite show (Good Eats by Alton Brown).

Ingredients:

Carrots - 8 medium in size
Almonds - 10
Cashews - handful
Milk and Sugar - as required (or substitute sugar with honey)
  • Pressure cook the carrots, nuts with water.
  • Peel off the almonds and grind the cooked carrots and nuts.
  • You can store this puree for 1 week in freezer.
  • For 1 cup of milk, add 3 tablespoons of the carrot puree and sufficient sugar.

No comments: