As the name suggests, this is a simple cake with very few ingredients. Also known as pound cake (in which all the ingredients are a pound each), it is my family's all time favourite because of it's soft, light and fluffy nature.
1. All purpose flour - 1 cup
2. Unsalted Butter - 1 cup (can use less ~3/4th cup)
3. Sugar - 1 cup
4. Eggs - 4
5. Baking powder - 1 tsp
6. Vanilla essence - few drops
7. Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (all purpose flour, sugar,cardamom powder and baking powder).
- Keep the butter at room temperature. Blend it with hand mixer until it becomes fluffy (the more we beat, the more fluffy and light the cake will be).
- Add eggs one at a time and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients to the above and blend well. Finally add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Grease the cake pan with oil and place a parchment paper. Fill the pan with the cake batter 3/4th full and bake for 45 mins (or) until the cake is done. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Another entry to Event for Eggs.