Thin Crust Pizza


I like pizza more than any other fast food. But we can't have it frequently because of it's fat content. So I decided to make it at home in a healthy way, with less cheese.


The dough for the crust needs to be made 1 day in advance. I followed the dough recipe from Food Network. But only change I made was, used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour instead of 2 cups bread flour. I used Fleischmann’s yeast and it's really worked well for my pizza.

I don't have a pizza stone, so I baked it using my 8"cake pan. End result is sufficient for 2 people with medium appetite :). And it tastes Yummy.

There is no specific measurement for the toppings, it's completely our choice of how much we need. Here is how I made the topping for the Pizza -


  1. After making the pizza from the dough, place it in pizza stone or pan greased with flour or oil.
  2. Sprinkle olive oil on top of the pizza.
  3. Spread the pizza sauce.
  4. Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese. (I used organic low fat Mozzarella cheese from Trader Joe's).
  5. Spread the olives, pineapple chunks, onions, jalapenos, artichoke hearts and any other vegetables of choice.
  6. Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese again on top.
  7. Pre heat the oven at 450F. Bake for 10mins or until the edges of the pizza turns golden brown in color. Cool it for 3 mins before serve.


I replaced some of the veggies with Chicken pieces for my chicken pizza :)).


2 comments:

Manjusha said...

Quite interesting!!!
I didn't know you could make pizza at home. Shall definitely try next week.
I actually wanted to make the manchurian from your blog yesterday, but couldn't get corn flour in the grocery store :(

Lakshmi said...

Yup, the dough last for 1 week if we keep it properly in freezer, so it was an easy meal to prepare.